From February 8 to 9, we held the kick-off meeting of the DECODE project in the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (CCCB). The projejct was selected under the H2020 call Distributed Architectures for Decentralised Data Governance.
The event was held to bring together all consortium partners to discuss the project plan and objectives. A series of presentations and workshop sessions were used to scope the project, its main deliverables, the risks, assumptions and time-line of the project. Roles and responsibilities of the consortium partners were also agreed.
The agenda included a walk through of programme and a workshop on Lean and Agile. Also, given the large number of partners in DECODE, we divided into three groups to make progress on specific issues:
- Breakout sessions (Wednesday)
- Architecture & privacy design
- Legal, Policy, socio-economic
- Communications, dissemination, events, summer schools and hackathons
- Breakout sessions (Thursday)
- Technology development roadmap and milestones
- Theoretical Foundations/ sharing economy and commons-based models
- Community engagement & ecosystem building
The outputs from the kick off meeting were formalised into the plan for the project.